During the year a lot of world wide events take place in Venice: the Carnival, the Historical Regatta, the Biennale of Arts, and many other important exhibitions held in various museums.
Most of holidays and big events take place in the spring and summertime:
- San Marco on April 25th;
- The day of Sensa (ascension) in late spring with the evocation of the "marriage of the sea";
- In may the Vogalonga, big regatta day in town;
- The redeemer day (Redentore) on the 3rd Sunday in July, with the traditional night trip by boat and fire games in the laguna;
- On the first Sunday in September the spectacular historical Regatta in the Canal Grande The Biennale of arts at Giardini (Gardens) in summer every two years;
- The Festival of Cinema at the Lido and the literature award Supercampiello in the frame of Palazzo Ducale;